„JDarkRoom is a very simple full-screen text file editor with none of the usual bells and whistles that might distract you from the job in hand.
The development of JDarkRoom was heavily inspired by DarkRoom, an implementation of WriteRoom (which is a Mac-only application) for Windows, but DarkRoom requires the Microsoft .NET framework. I decided to create my own implementation in Java for those that prefer not to use .NET.
I have now released JDarkRoom under the umbrella of CodeAlchemists. Please donate if you find this software useful – it encourages me to add features and fix bugs.
* Change your colour preferences – via the settings screen (F6)
* JDarkRoom remembers the file that you were working on last time
* Support for central-european character sets
* JDarkRoom notifies you if you might have forgotten to save your changes
* Word/line/character count (Ctrl-L)
* Specify a file on the command-line for JDarkRoom to open it at startup“